My tooth got knocked out! What do I do?
According to the Massachusetts Dental Society, more than five million teeth are knocked out each year through sports injury, accident, or play. Saving a tooth depends on how the tooth is handled during the first 30-60 minutes after it has been knocked out of the mouth. If you are ever in this situation, keep the following tips in mind.
1. Hold the tooth by the crown, not the root.
2. Do not scrub the tooth. If the tooth is dirty, rinse it gently with water.
3. If possible, place the tooth back into its socket
4. If you’re unable to replant the tooth, keep it moist in cold milk, water, or a gauze soaked with saline.
5. Contact your Dentist immediately